WE HAVEN’T BEEN EVERYWHERE, BUT IT’S ON OUR LIST
Updated: Dec 23, 2019
Tom and I live in east Tennessee, in the southeastern states of the US. We are fortunate –
· We’re old enough to be retired, but still have our health and time.
· We don’t have children, though we have the companionship of Maggie the Wonder Dog.
· For many years, we have taken on challenges and opportunities that some would refuse.
Over the past thirty years, we have
· Paddles whitewater in North, Central, and South America and Europe.
· Dived in North America and the Caribbean.
· Gained our sailplane pilot’s licenses, though have flown only in the United States.
· Traveled in North America (Mexico, the US, and Canada), getting to most of the US states, most of the Canadian provinces and territories, and a few of the Mexican states. We’ve driven to Alaska twice.
· Traveled to Central America (Costa Rica, Honduras, Belize), South America (Ecuador), Europe (Spain, France, England), the Middle East (Egypt, Jordan, Turkey), India, Southeast Asia (Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos), China, and Japan.
So where are we going next? In summer 2020, we plan to fly to Singapore and explore Malaysia, Indonesia, and Brunei.
We are just returning from exploring the southeast US, driving 3000 miles from east Tennessee to the east coast and down along the barrier islands to Key West. We turned north, drove through the Everglades and up the gulf coast
before we headed home.